- Personal Information We Collect
- 1.1 Personal Information that You Submit to Us. We may collect and process the following categories of personal information that you submit directly to us:
- account or registration information, which may include your name, mailing address, email address, username, and password;
- contact information, which may include your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number;
- appointment request information, which may include your preferred appointment date and time and the nature of your appointment;
- payment information, which may include your credit or debit card information and billing address; and
- health information, which may include your medical history, present symptoms, and insurance carrier and plan information.
- How We Use Personal Information
- 2.1 Personal Information that You Submit to Us. We may use the personal information that you submit directly to us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with products and services;
- to send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account;
- to respond to your inquiries and comments;
- to schedule your appointment request and to send you reminders and other notices in connection with your appointment;
- to provide you with updates and other information regarding our products and services;
- to process payments and to send you invoices, receipts, and other notices in connection with processing your payments;
- to inform you of new products, services, and promotional offers; and
- to provide customer service.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal information that we collect for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or with your consent.
- How We Share Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- when we engage third-party contractors to perform services on our behalf;
- where necessary to satisfy applicable law or regulations, your information and the contents of your online communications on or through this Website may be accessed and monitored;
- in the event of a merger, acquisition, or a similar corporate transaction, we may need to transfer all your information to the successor company;
- for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
- Online Communities, Forums, Surveys, Reviews, and Ratings
This Website may contain messaging services, forums, reviews and ratings pages, communities, and other communication channels. Information that you voluntarily disclose in any of these channels is public information that may be read, collected, or used by us and third parties. Be aware that there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in these channels and we are not responsible for any information that you choose to make public or transmit through these channels.
- Securing and Storing Personal Information
- 5.1 Security We have implemented reasonable and appropriate technical and administrative measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control against unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and loss. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. Thus, while we have measures in place to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- 5.2 Storage. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with services. We may also retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Linked Websites and Services
This Website may link to other websites or services operated by third parties and may carry advertisements, content, functionality, promotions, or applications developed and maintained by third parties. We may also provide social media features on this Website that enable you to share personal information with your social network(s). We do not exercise control over, and are not responsible for the privacy practices of, such third-party websites and services. Linking to a third-party website or service, or providing a feature developed and maintain by a third party, is not an endorsement, authorization, or representation of our affiliation with such third party nor is it an endorsement of such third party’s privacy policies or practices. Use of such third-party website and service is entirely at your own risk.
- Children’s Privacy
This Website is not directed to children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not use this Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information of children under the age of 13. If we learn that this Website has collected personal information from someone under 13, we will take appropriate steps to delete such information.
- International Users
We are headquartered in the United States and this Website is hosted in the United States. If you are located outside the United States, be aware that the information that is provided to or collected through this Website will be transferred to the United States and to our service providers with operations in other countries. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States and other jurisdictions may not be equivalent to the laws of your country of residence. By using this Website or by providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States and elsewhere.
- California Privacy Rights
- 9.1 FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your personal information with third parties. If you reside in California and you have provided us with your personal information, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
- 9.2 FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA UNDER THE AGE OF 18. In accordance with Section 22581 of the California Business and Professions Code, you may request and obtain the removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please email us with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line. Please specify the URLs where the information is posted and the content or information for which you are requesting removal. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
- Contacting Us
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us using the following address:
Brighter Hope Counseling & Services
2080 Whittaker Rd., Suite 249 Ypsilanti, MI 48197 (remittance address)